Work as an engineer in the Project Engineering Dept. within the Delivery Projects and Construction Organization, utilizing a broad knowledge of business and engineering principles and practices acquired through progressive experience.
Notes from the Hiring Manager:
The work that we do is considered Transmission Outside Plant. We engineer/design transmission lines that either run on transmission structures or underground using transmission cables. The resume that is sent to us should include at a minimum some form of transmission line design experience. Whether it is rating conductors for overhead transmission or for rating underground cables. Calculating line impedance for both overhead and underground transmission etc. Lastly, the candidate must be able to technically manage their engineered work.
• B.S in Electrical Engineering or equivalent degree or technical experience.
• 3-5 years of electrical utility or plant experience and knowledge of outside plant electric transmission systems, which includes design and cost estimate.
• Experience in cable and conductor ratings and impedance calculation parameters.
• Knowledge in underground transmission cable engineering.
• Designing, troubleshooting and maintenance of fiber optic systems.
• Applicant must have effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong planning and organizing skills, must be adaptable and be results-oriented.
• Clear and concise writing and verbal communications skills are essential.
• Must have a valid drivers license.
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity.
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
• Advanced technical training or P.E license.
• Familiarity with utility best practices, IEEE, ASME, NESC and NEMA Standards.
• Candidate requires knowledge of company or other industry engineering and design standards.
• Experience in working on electrical layout, one line control, alarms, auxiliary power, SCADA and metering circuits in order to effectively support projects.
• Experience with electrical substations and switching stations equipment, e.g., transformers, circuit breakers, medium voltage switchgear, regulators, capacitor banks, disconnect switches and associated electrical system for switching and substations and or outside plant electric distribution and/or transmission systems.