Job Description & Main Duties:
The associate in this position will provide technical/analytical and functional support in the area of project management, project controls, and construction management processes for the Delivery Projects & Construction (DP&C) Organization.
The associate in this position will possess skills and expertise in the following areas: Project Scope coordination; Project Execution Plan input, preparation, coordination, monitoring, Project Estimate, assist in project schedule development, Contractor coordination and management; Project management assistance; Integrated cost and scheduling; Total Project & Annual Budget development; Financial analysis; Cost accounting and forecasting; Variance analysis; Performance reporting; Project change management; Risk & Contingency.
• BS in Engineering, Construction, or Business discipline or equivalent experience
• Minimum 6 years of experience with Project Controls concepts (project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling, closeout) field or home office
• Minimum 6 years of experience with Cost Engineering concepts (project estimating, forecasting, cost controls and variance reporting)
• Minimum 6 years of experience with ERP systems for identifying and reporting actual costs posted to projects (i.e. SAP, JD Edwards, Peoplesoft, etc.)
• Minimum 6 years of experience with Integrated Data Management Tools such as, MS Excel and MS Access
• Minimum 6 years of experience with Project Management Document management software tool applications experience (ECM, File Net, Sharepoint, etc.)
• Must be a self-starter capable of seeking out project related information from Project Stakeholders.
• Capable of making presentations to project stakeholders and Management.
• Must have a valid drivers’ license
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
• Project Management Professional Certification (PMP)
• Experience in a project, construction or industrial business environment
• Experience in Utility Operations; Compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
• Experience with Financial Analysis and Managerial Accounting with SAP
• Business Planning and Budgeting experience.
• Personnel management (supervisory) skills; Communications; Business and technical writing experience.
• Candidates must take personal accountability for actions and results; strive for personal and departmental continuous improvement; focus on measurement of results and demonstrate the client's Values & Behaviors.