Position Title: IT Specialist/Firewalls
Duration: Approximately 4 months
Position is "Contract to Hire"
Looking for local Candidate
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Maintain Entergy's OT firewalls and perimeter defense devices to ensure compliance with NERC CIP requirements.
Primary Duties and Areas of Responsibility
- Support the deployment and maintenance of Firewalls, IPS, and other perimeter defense devices for compliance with NERC CIP Version 5
- Configure, maintain, and troubleshoot CheckPoint firewall technologies to include IPS, SecureXL, ClusterXL, and VPN solutions on GAIA, Embedded GAIA, SPLAT, and IPSO operating system to ensure infrastructure stability
- Development and maintenance of NERC CIP compliant Firewall rule sets
- Working or strong knowledge of routing protocols (RIP/OSPF/BGP), route redistribution, and route maps
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills utilizing event correlation and packet analysis tools
- Support architecting and development of NERC CIP Electronic Security Perimeter environments
- Generate and maintain administrative documentation such as architecture diagrams, procedures, etc
- Provide second-level support proactively with members of IT
- Development, implementation, and on-going maintenance of security policies and procedures
- Maintain vendor relationship and collect vendor evidence supporting NERC CIP compliance
Work Experience and Minimum Educational Background
IT Specialist - Associate's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, and 3 years of comparable work experience
IT Specialist Sr. - Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, and 5 years of comparable work experience
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert (CCSE) or Checkpoint Certified Security Administrator (CCSA) preferred
These positions may be "contract to hire". Candidates will initially participate in CIPv5 buildout project, training, and then transition to an operational state.