Perform engineering and/or support of Inside Plant Asset Management and provide technical/engineering assistance through the application of engineering/business knowledge and take direction from other group member. Assist with the review of design plans/drawings and develop necessary construction plans and schedules as necessary. Assemble request for proposals packages, assist in bid evaluation and work with engineers to prepare award packages for various major substation equipment. Assist with overall project portfolio management/scheduling and outage planning. Interface with field personnel and Project Managers to ensure completion of inside plant facilities on-time and on-budget. Maintain and apply working knowledge of the client's Standards for Business Controls and meet management's expectations for effective internal business controls.
• Exhibit knowledge of computer based business applications (such as Microsoft Office).
• Applicant must have effective problem-solving and decision-making skills, strong planning and organizing skills, must be adaptable and be results-oriented.
• Clear and concise writing and verbal communications skills are essential.
• Ability to cover On Call assignments to handle to during system emergency situations
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity.
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
• Electrical utility or substation experience and knowledge of electrical substations and switching stations equipment, e.g., transformers, circuit breakers, medium voltage switchgear, regulators, capacitor banks, disconnect switches and associated electrical system for switching and substations and or outside plant electric distribution and/or transmission systems.
• Advanced technical training or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
• Familiarity with utility best practices, IEEE, ASME, NESC and NEMA Standards.
• Candidate requires knowledge of company or other industry engineering and design standards.
• Experience in working on electrical layout, one line control, controls schematics for protective relays, alarms, auxiliary power, SCADA and metering circuits in order to effectively support projects.