Project Manager- Utility Substations
Location: S.Plainfield,New Jersey,07080
- Manage projects related to 69kV Networks as part of the Delivery Projects and Construction Organization
- The position provides oversight and coordination of all activities related to the successful completion of the assigned project(s) from cradle to grave including but not limited to design engineering, contingency planning (as needed), permitting, procurement, outreach, and construction.
- The candidate will achieve the desired results of the assigned projects through the Values and Behavioral Standards, sound management practices and skills, and a demonstrated commitment to collaborative teamwork. Successful candidate will support the DP&C Project Management team in accomplishing the desired scorecard results and ensure the quality of work performed is in compliance with all Company standards, procedures, safe work practices, and government laws and regulations while successfully managing project budget and schedule adherence.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible and fully accountable for the full life-cycle management of multiple large multi-discipline projects from time of assignment to commissioning, close-out, and turnover to client / Division operations.
- Responsible for ensuring that project objectives are successfully achieved safely, environmentally compliant and within scope, schedule and budget adherence.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in successfully managing project teams.
- Conduct monthly review meetings with clients (Electric Divisions).
- Maintain and monitor project agreements, plans and schedules, conduct project reviews, resolve issues and get required associates and groups involved to ensure that the assigned projects are professionally and comprehensively planned and executed.
- Coordinate the preparation of bid specifications for the procurement of material and services. Manage contractor and vendor performance, labor relations, safety, quality control, project risk, permitting and licensing, outage planning, scope change control, environmental compliance, public relations, progress reporting, budgets, execution and closeout reporting.
- Represent the Company in meetings with State and Federal Agencies, the General Public and Public Officials and Planning/Zoning Boards and other Regulatory bodies, including testimony, as required, to gain necessary project approvals.
- Maintain and apply working knowledge of Standards for Business Controls and Standards of Integrity.
Essential Job Competencies:
• BS in Engineering
• A minimum of Three (3) years of utility engineering, construction, operations or project management experience • Comprehensive knowledge of construction-related processes
• Proven management experience • Excellent oral and written communication skills
• General knowledge of basic computer applications, i.e., MS Office Suite
. • Safety Sensitive position
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
• Knowledge of Collective Bargaining Unit agreements - IBEW and OPEIU
• Understanding of PJM rules for the scheduling of Transmission Outages
• Advanced computer application knowledge, i.e. P6, MS Project, Access or other CPM/scheduling software
• MS in engineering/other discipline or MBA • P.E. License • PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
*Per diem will be offered