Position- Facilities Drafter
Duration – 12 months
Contract Type – W2
Location – Pennsylvania
Local Candidates only need apply
Purpose of Position:
Create, update and maintain electric and gas facility maps using PassPort, CIS, Auto EDMS, various Access databases, IrasB, Microstation and GIS.
Provides technical mapping support to internal and external customers regarding as-built sketches and location of field facilities.
1. Review, interpret, and verify accuracy of internal and external information (i.e. field sketches, job packages, as-built drawings, maps, and associated databases) utilizing the client's Construction Standards, as well as city, state and municipal land base information.
2. Update electric and gas facility maps using Microstation, IrasB, and GIS.
3. Utilize PassPort to research affected documents (pending map updates) with all associated ECs (engineering changes).
4. Verify as-built information by performing field investigations.
5. Maintain all CAD drawings for the client's Electric Construction Standards.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Computer Aided Drafting background and demonstrated experience in Microstation and IrasB.
3. Demonstrated ability to interpret as-built sketches.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong customer focus.
Knowledge of electric and gas distribution systems a must. Demonstrated ability to read distribution prints.
Preferred: Certified in GIS and IrasB. Knowledge of PassPort.