Position - Network Engineer
Location – Akron, Ohio (Local candidates only)
Duration: 12 months
Contract Type- W2
JOB SUMMARY: --------
This position is accountable, under general supervision, for the installation, configuration and maintenance of complex data communication facilities used in the Client’s Wide-Area Network. Data communications circuits are critical for Business Units to perform their functions and require 24 hour monitoring and support.
• Work with Ethernet LAN interfaces, router and switch configuration and WAN interfaces
• Investigate device operational failures, alarms and performance.
• Diagnose root cause of device failures or performance anomalies.
• Remedy failures and performance issues on data devices/systems.
• Install/upgrade/support data hardware, systems and software.
• Maintain data hardware/software inventory.
• Maintain documentation for all systems/hardware being supported.
• Provide off-hours or weekend hours support as needed by project requirements
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATIONS ----------
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking or related discipline or equivalent work experience in a large-scale CISCO based Wide-Area Network environment.
• CISCO CCNA and/or CCNP certification preferred.
• Experience with Cisco Nexus 7K & 9K platforms required
• Experience with Cellular wide area communications and Cisco CGR platforms preferred
• Experience with Alcatel Lucent SR and SAR systems preferred
• Strong knowledge of network infrastructure platforms and their management applications (CISCO DWDM SONET, VoIP, etc.)
• General understanding of LAN/WAN topology (routers, switches, Ethernet, wireless, firewalls, etc.), including diagnostic procedures and tools (CISCO TAC, CTM, CTC, CISCO Secure, HPOV, NetScout, Alcatel Lucent SAM)
• Strong knowledge of interior and exterior routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP).
• Strong knowledge of MPLS, VRF and Frame Relay technologies.
• Solid knowledge of IPv4 IP addressing and management software (DHCP and DNS).
• Strong background and experience with personal computer hardware, operating systems and application software (office productivity tools)
• Work experience in a Data Communications-related field, utilizing/demonstrating technical skills is preferred.