Position - System Administrator (MS Server Administrator)
Location – Akron, Ohio
Duration: 12 months
Contract Type- W2
MS Server Administrator
Job Description --------------
• Build, maintain and troubleshoot the clients Microsoft Server fleet.
• Establish Microsoft servers for the client that include Citrix servers, application servers, Active Directory servers, specialized support servers, and File and Print Servers.
• Maintain and administer operating systems.
• Install, upgrade, configure and maintain server systems hardware and software.
• Implement application systems, in partnership with IT Solutions personnel.
• Design and implement disaster recovery procedures.
• Investigate and resolve application problems.
• Strict adherence to company processes and procedures, in accordance to regulatory requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent experience in a production Microsoft Server Administration role.
• Strong knowledge of the following technical areas:
- Basic Network Concepts
- MS Window server deployment using deployment software tools
- VMware - Virtual machine setup / administration
- Intel/AMD Server Hardware Maintenance
- MS Server anti-virus administration
- MS Windows server operating system administration and patch management (2008 / 2012)
- Preferred expertise of Active Directory and knowledge of HP Service Manager
• Must work effectively in a team environment and on concurrent assignments.
• Strong LAN skills, including server administration.
• Must be able to work on-site full time at a determined company IT location