Position: .Net Developer III
Duration: 6 months
Location: Akron, OH
Contract Type: W2
• Development and support of internal applications using Visual Studio, .NET Framework, Visual Basic, and C# syntaxes
• Building and deploying mobile optimized web applications that are focused on ease-of-use, task-driven functionality, and a consistent user experience across multiple mobile devices and operating systems
• Management of source code repositories, builds, and deploys using Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Driving the adoption of standards and governance to ensure the client’s Microsoft development platform remains stable, reliable, and secure for all users
• Help support software packages used in various client business processes.
• Provide development support for less experienced developers.
• Active participation in a collaborative work environment
• Availability to work flexible hours in order to support our Microsoft application portfolio
• Frequent interaction with business owners/stakeholders to gather requirements for new development projects, assist in defect resolution during testing, etc.
• 5+ years development experience leveraging the .NET framework (4.0 or later), C#, and Visual Studio 2012 or later.
• Experience/Knowledge using Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS) to manage source code, manage developer tasks and bugs, and perform builds/deploys.
• Experience developing against SQL Server 2008 or later, Oracle may also be required depending on the project/assignment
• Working knowledge of MVC 4.0 or later
• Working knowledge of Entity Framework 5 or later
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in a production support environment; possess analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems, identify and implement process improvements, and think creatively.
• Must be skilled in both oral and written communications in order to contribute to meetings and capture requirements as well as write documentation, specifications, procedures and process flows.
• Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects, and possesses an aptitude to learn quickly.
• Proven team player, contributes to team goals, encourages and supports team members.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, and be available for call-in and after hours support if needed.
• Has worked and been an active participant on a Scrum team or similar Agile methodology
• User interface component development using tools like Telerik’s Kendo UI