Position Title: Network Engineer
Location: Baltimore, MD
Duration: at least 9 months
Majority of tasks will include the support of the Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR) head-end software (OSI Monarch software platform) – creation/maintenance of internal databases, development of operator screens (one-lines, tech pages), support of commissioning activities, and daily monitoring/investigation of alarms. Additional tasks may include creation and maintenance of records in AS8 and creation of CM work orders as needed, as well as other similar engineering tasks as needed.
50% database work, 25% networking, 25% field interaction
1. Development of Tech pages in OSI. Create Tech page for each cap bank as well as map each SCADA point. Edit tech pages as needed for load transfers.
2. Development of one-line displays in OSI. Create one-line displays for stations. Edit one-lines as needed for load transfers.
3. OSI Open FEP Work. Create Open FEP entries for new commissioning, BFMs, load transfers, etc.
4. OSI SCADA Database Work. Create and maintain SCADA Database for new device commissioning, BFMs, load transfers, etc.
5. Creation of ICCP links for ECS in OSI
6. Contractor Phone calls. Record information in AS8, edit and check settings in Beckwith Cap Talk software, and make updates in OSI. If issues or problems occur, help diagnose the repair.
7. DAVQ Commissioning and Calibration. Over the phone work with DAVQ field technicians. Use Cap Talk to check voltages, phasing, operational ability, signal strength and make edits in OSI. Download new settings, DNP and radio configuration files to controllers as needed.
8. Relay commissioning of BFM devices. Multi-hour phone commissioning for a point to point test of MW, MVAR and Amp values from the BFM meters.
9. Monitor OSI Alarms. On a daily basis, monitor the OSI Alarms page for abnormal conditions (alarms, com failures, overvoltage/under voltage, etc.). Troubleshoot alarms independently, or with DAVQ field technicians.
10. AS8 CM Work Order Creation. Create work orders in AS8 for verified alarms/failures.
11. Data Extraction from Cymdist and DMIS. Prepare the necessary information in Excel for inputting into OSI. Information needed includes capacitor serial number, size, location, NLC, electrical distance, IP address, etc.
12. OSI Testing. Run OSI test algorithm for inspections, failures and commissioning of new stations
13. Support load transfers and new capacitor installs. Maintain OSI SCADA, FEP, AS8, etc.
14. AMI Data Extraction from C3. Extract AMI low voltage data from C3, perform post-processing in Excel.