PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Responsibilities include processing incoming work, creating and maintaining performance indicators, monitor and maintain document distribution, coordinate document audits, checking and review of electric and gas maps, create and revise M&DS procedures, working knowledge of controlled documents in Asset Suite 8.
1. Aid in the development of department strategic plans.
2. Create, maintain analyze Performance indicators (PI’s) for department.
3. Retrieves and reviews controlled documents in Asset Suite 8.
4. Performs audits and reviews of procedures, maps and drawings.
5. Prepares weekly work packages for clerks and facilities drafters.
6. Controls and maintains access to client and M&DS procedures.
7. Assists and implements innovative approaches to backlog reduction plans and weekly work.
8. Educates employees on work processes and M&DS business drivers.
9. Leads and participates on various project teams to analyze processes and makes recommendations for process enhancements.
10. Develops job aids to support groups.
11. Assists in investigations and resolves Root Cause Analysis and Adverse Condition or Event (ACE’s)
12. Conduct monthly safety walk-downs.
13. Creates weekly reports in MS excel analyzing levels of drafting
1. Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering or related field.
2. 5 to 7 years working experience in a related field.
3. Basic knowledge of drawing and print reading are required to perform normal duties and audits.
4. Experience with the use of PC and Mainframe applications including: Asset Suite 8, Hyperion, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Windows.
5. Strong organization skills.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work with minimal supervision.
8. Valid driver’s license.
9. Ability to work off hours to respond to system emergencies.
Preferred: Knowledge of electric and gas distribution systems, and demonstrated ability to read distribution prints. Experience with GIS related software. Working knowledge of Microstation.