Purpose of Position:
Executes system operation and maintenance procedures, field activities and actions, conducts orphan meter locating activities, perform general analysis and prepare reports to support business operations. Conduct all activities in a safe and professional manner. Works at the direction of the Smart Grid Operations Lead.
• Support the Sensus FlexNet Communication Infrastructure, including all TGB sites. Support includes, but not limited to field investigations, troubleshooting and maintenance.
• Examples of the hardware include: Antennas, Cabling, Grounding, TGB Cabinet, Transceivers, Power Supplies, Batteries and other local equipment
• Preform Periodic Maintenance for TGB Sites
• Support Storm and Emergency restoration efforts, including portable generators for loss of power. This may include on-call activities and rotations
• RF Coverage Investigations for AMI and DA end-points
• Support the RF Reachability analysis initiative, including the installation of MOP devices
• Orphan Meter Investigations – locating orphan meters
• Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
• Knowledge of and experience in working 900 MHz RF Systems
• Ability to use a spectrum analyzer
• Excellent Computer Skills
• Safety Culture
• Excellent driving skills
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs materials
• General understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices as related to the management and operation of 900 MHz RF Systems.
• General proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project).
• Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and general analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
• Experience with wireless AMI and Smart Grid Platforms
• Bachelor’s degree and some relevant post-undergraduate coursework.
This is an individual contributor position that works under general supervision and frequently performs non-routine work. This position is expected to resolve most questions and problems through interaction with internal and/or external stakeholders, executives, directors, managers, and staff across the organization, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
May require working extended hours and/or shift work to support business operations.