Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Somerset, NJ 08873
Duration: 2 years
This is a first level supervisory position in Electric Operations/Electric Distribution. Provide supervision in the overhead construction of new, replacement and upgraded electric outside plant facilities including poles, overhead conductors, and related appurtenances. Achieve the desired results for the Company utilizing company values, tools, sound management practices and skills, and a total commitment to teamwork. Oversee the activities of outside plant construction to ensure safe and efficient construction of outside plant facilities. Supervise the construction of outside plant electric distribution facilities. Assist in the training and development of personnel. Strong emphasis in the promoting of safety principles. Coach, Counsel and recognize personnel, as required. Participate in and conduct investigations involving incidents related to work being performed. Assign and direct work to accomplish the desired results in a safe, efficient and expeditious manner. Assist in the emergency response and restoration for major events, as required. Ability to layout/supervise the work of others. Knowledge and ability to train/instruct personnel in work practices and use of tools and equipment. Knowledge of applicable portions of Company/Union agreement will be applied. Must utilize ability to recognize unusual conditions and take corrective action.
• High school graduate
• Extensive experience in the construction, operation and maintenance of overhead electric distribution facilities.
• Thorough knowledge of Company/Union Agreements
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license
• Safety sensitive position. D.O.T. testing required.
• Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity
• Must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
• Be able to perform field quality checks of completed work performed by others
• Be organized, with regards to assigned work, follow-up activities, record-keeping/reporting, and follow-up with outstanding items
• Experience / working knowledge of DWMS/SAP and other computer applications.
About our company:
Myriad Technical Services was founded in 1997 with a singular purpose of providing reliable technical personnel to the utilities through engagement of competent, well accomplished, and talented professionals. Over time, the scope of our services has grown to include engineering consulting, resource augmentation, managed tasks, placement of engineering and engagement of IT professionals at corporate offices around USA and Canada.
We have over 16 years of experience working with some of the largest publicly held utilities and companies in North America. Over 90% of our business is from repeat customers, an endorsement of the quality and value we provide to our clients.
Myriad Technical has been a proud contributor to many of our client’s initiatives to address numerous industry events and upgrades.