Bluestem Wind is a wind project under construction in Beaver County, OK. Construction is underway and additional site safety support is needed to mitigate site safety issues.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Site Safety Manager is responsible for providing independent technical, regulatory and programmatic support to construction site including occupational safety, industrial hygiene, and fire protection. They will ensure the site and work practices are in compliance with applicable regulation and company policies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Function as site Safety Professional for assigned construction project. Act as an active, onsite resource for all safety related questions, concerns and areas of improvement.
• Manage site observation program and associated data collection and trending.
• Maintain site safety related documentation including: training records, orientation records, contractor safety statistics, and incident records and reporting.
• Attend and participate in all project meetings that have a safety component. Deliver daily safety message at Plan of the Day meeting. Resource topic material for weekly All Hands safety meeting and present as necessary. Participate in contractor safety meetings and initiatives.
• Manage site owner regulatory responsibilities of a multi-employer worksite.
• 5 or more years of field experience with Safety as the primary function
• Professional Certifications - CHST
• In-depth knowledge of OSHA Regulations
• Strong communication skills
• Experience working with limited supervision
• Strong computer skills, including knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite
• Professional Certifications (CSP, OHST, CHST)
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or relate field.