• FirstEnergy(FE) operates in multiple states. FE has implemented SAP New GL.
• Evaluate FirstEnergy’s (FE) current requisition to payment process, vendor master data, org model, business practices, and Accounts Payable (AP) configuration.
• Provide an opinion on feasibility of retrofitting SAP's Extended Withholding Tax Functionality to streamline annual production of 1099 forms for vendors and data file for IRS. At present FE has a home grown process to produce 1099 forms. FE would like to replace current process with SAP delivered functionality.
• Opinion should cover initial implementation as well as impacts on continued use of current processes in AP. For example, impact on processing of vendor line items open before go-live, impact on processes to handle cancelling a check or rejected/returned ACH payments issued before and after go-live.
• If retrofitting is feasible, identify project configuration/coding/conversion tasks, risks, test plans, and estimated effort. For example, vendor master data conversions, open item conversions, account field status groups, screen variants. Desire is to go-live mid-December 2016 and produce fiscal year 2017’s 1099 forms using new functionality.
• Prior experience retrofitting Extended Withholding Tax functionality to produce 1099 forms meeting state and federal requirements in an already productive system of a large corporation is preferred
• Familiarity with state and federal 1099 reporting requirements
• Extensive knowledge of SAP Extended Withholding Tax configuration and all requisite integrations to produce 1099 forms is a requirement
• Ability to troubleshoot and debug existing programs
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Understanding of user requirements, software development processes, and technology implementations
Travel after initial meeting to get familiar with the 'As-Is' is not required. Candidate will be given remote access to FE's SAP system to conduct requisite investigation.