Job Title: Cyber Security Project Manager
Location: Owings Mills, MD
Duration: 6 months (W2)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Manages activities relating to Security vulnerability assessments, planning and managing Security related initiatives. Creates and assigns detailed project tasks to support groups. Will assist with vendor engagement through completion of assessments.
1. Perform, manage and appropriately document work activities relating to Security projects, sub-projects, or processes. For projects: plan, manage and deliver on Security related initiatives. For Security Vulnerability Management Program: Assist in planning, developing statements of work, prioritizing vulnerability assessments and oversight on vendor deliverables. Assist with maintaining current schedule of vulnerability assessments.
2. Post Vulnerability Assessment deliverable, assist with recording and tracking of vulnerability findings. Will require to host review meetings of findings with various support teams and gain concurrence of agreed upon remediation actions with identified owners and target deliverable dates. Will need to document findings, and generate monthly metrics reflecting the current Vulnerability program and remediation status.
3. Assist with customization of vulnerability scanning platform metrics and dashboards for Senior Executive review identifying immediate progress of the Vulnerability Assessment Management Program.
4. Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years relevant experience. PMP certification preferred.
- Experience in vulnerability assessment and use of common security tools.
- Appropriate technical skills, such as Networking, Servers and environments; Desktop operating systems, applications and environments, Web and cloud applications and environments, Database systems, applications, tools and environments, Security, Active Directory environments.
- Strong knowledge of business practices and processes in Utility, Generation, Nuclear, Commercial business line operations, customer service and finance or support services.
- Experience leading IT or Security projects with sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management.
- Strong problem solving and analysis ability.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with remote project teams
* The position may require limited travel
- Utilizes understanding of security vulnerability requirement needs to assist with developing business unit plans for assessments.
- Applies technical expertise to plan, design, build or support required products and processes
- Helps other team members learn appropriate theories, practices and principles that relate to their skill set portfolio
- As assigned, manage budget for area of responsibility
- Expected to work under minimal supervision