Job Title: PeopleSoft Functional Lead (Sr. Solution Architect)
Location: New Orleans, LA
Duration: 12 months (W2)
This position will be responsible for leading the innovative development of business solutions, implemented through IT, to enable the business to meet its objectives. The role requires an in-depth understanding of available IT technologies, the business unit's operations, its operating model, capability needs, and business challenges. The role also requires an in-depth knowledge of PeopleSoft HCM and PeopleSoft Financials and experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation. The role, together with support from Client's Enterprise Architect (EA) function and IT Centers of Expertise (COE), are responsible for creating a fully integrated, effective business solution. The role is an active thought leader and application visionary who shapes the technology demand among the business unit.
This team member will be principally responsible for the solution architecture and design of Client’s PeopleSoft ERP program portfolio including, but not limited to, the architecture and design of PeopleSoft ERP solution implementation and integration with legacy Client applications. This positions will report directly to the IT Manager of Application Architecture, who is principally focused on business application solution delivery.
- Provide overall design guidelines for and oversight of software and hardware integration, performance, reliability, operating, and security designs. Support business units in the creation of project business cases (e.g., success criteria).
- Capture business capability requirements, functional requirements, and expected service levels from business unit and stated EA solutions to create an actionable Business-IT roadmap (a long range plan for the business that identifies specific IT investments in applications and infrastructure to support business objectives).
- Support BU leadership in identifying opportunities for emerging technologies, through collaboration with the EA function, to enable business strategies. Provide an advisory role with the client on the impact of new technologies on their existing technical and information system environment.
- Work with BA, PM, and QA teams to review test strategies and requirements traceability. Ensure business and functional requirements are maintained throughout the development/configuration process (requirements traceability matrix). Review and analyze user acceptance testing results to validate the functions of the delivered solution.
- Maintain strong understanding of technology needs and solutions for the business unit. Regularly visit business units to assess satisfaction and identify follow-up education opportunities. Consider alternate delivery models for meeting business needs.
- Liaise between the client, vendors, project management and the technical team on questions, issues, and revisions to the solution architecture. This includes monitoring all updates provided through PeopleSoft Update Manager and planning the rollout of fixes as well as bi-annual PeopleSoft Update Manager (PUM) catch-ups.
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree is preferred.
Minimum experience required of the position
At least 7+ years of experience working with PeopleSoft and how it supports the business.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
- Deep understanding and practical experience of industry application solutions, with specific experience with PeopleSoft ERP implementation.
- Wide experience in developing customer-centric solutions.
- Working knowledge in all areas of technology (infrastructure, commercial applications, software development, end-user platforms, IT operations).
- Planning experience, especially the design of longer term strategies.
- Ability to communicate and present effectively with all levels in the organization, including executive management.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of architecture concepts and the ability to integrate business needs and technology capabilities.
Preferred PeopleSoft Certifications
PeopleSoft 9.2 Financial Certifications
PeopleSoft 9.2 Human Capital Management Certifications
PeopleTools 8.55 Certifications
** US Citizens and those authorized to work are encouraged to apply
** H1B/C2C candidates-please do not apply at this time