Responsibilities include the following:
• Able to work with transmission engineers to prepare construction package in Microstation and AutoCAD
• Proficient in working on the following transmission drawings: Plan and Profile, Hardware Assembly drawings, steel reinforcement drawings, structure foundation drawings
• Able to organize design assignments and be the team leader overseeing the work of junior level designers.
• Check field conditions on the assigned projects and compare them to latest revisions of drawings.
Proficient to review existing transmission tower drawings and able to develop structural modification if needed.
Familiar with steel reinforcement and connection design and detailing
• Provide guidance and reviews of transmission line drawings prepared by other A&E’s or other junior designers or contractors.
• Coordinate with vendors and manufacturers and review technical documentation as required.
• Lead and mentor junior designers and actively participate in technical discussions as needed by the projects.
• Must be able to provide support during system emergencies or equipment failures.
• Ability to work extra hours on weekdays and weekends as might be needed to meet project schedules.
• Interface with other technical and project disciplines to support project schedules and milestones.
• Provide technical support during commissioning phases of projects.
Our client is a diversified electric utility company. It is New Jersey's largest provider of electric and gas services - serving 2.2 million electric customers and 1.8 million gas customers. The client has approximately 13,000 employees.