Title: Electrical Estimator
Location - S. Plainfield, NJ
Duration - 2 years
Position Requirement –
Required Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• 3-7 years estimating experience.
• Must have estimating experience with an electrical concentration; such as a Construction Superintendent/Forman, Electrical Engineer/Designer.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Adaptable, self-starter who is client-focused and encourages teamwork.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to develop high level, complex estimates.
• Interpret and understand project requirements.
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education or Experience:
• Previous EPC, High Voltage Substation/Transmission or Electrical Contractor experience (Commercial/Industrial).
• Typically possess 5+ years of experience on a project performing work outside the estimating function that can be equated into knowledge required to be a strong Estimator
• Previous experience with Timberline/Sage 300 estimating software as plus.
• Ability to update/maintain, create new items and assemblies in company estimating software.
• Have a solid electrical background, familiar with standard practices in the electrical industry, standard construction practices, and required codes
•Have experience estimating in a union craft environment
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training, and/or related experience
• Professional society membership.