Title: Civil Estimator
Location: S. Plainfield, NJ
Duration: 2 years (W2)
• Ability of read blue prints and understand project specifications
• Prepare reliable, complex, high level financial cost estimates for regulated and non-
• Perform review of project scope and scope assessments (risk).
• Research, analyze and evaluate information pertaining to technological advancements to support various LOB’s.
• Consults with various businesses, on options, costs and technology/IT alternatives.
• Develop detailed bid estimates, evaluations and analysis that allow regulated and non-regulated entities to perform contractor reviews. Analyze and assess project alternatives to identify most cost effective option.
• Analyze vendor proposals and create specialized cost estimates to mitigate claims and control project “extras”. Increased communication with industry experts to obtain and evaluate information relating to productivity standards, equipment and technological advances leading to the preparation of more diverse estimates.
• Collects, analyzes and archives project data. Develops historical documentation.
• 2-5 years estimating experience.
• Must have estimating experience with a civil/concrete concentration; such as a Construction Superintendent, Civil Engineer/Designer.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
• Adaptable, self-starter who is client-focused and encourages teamwork.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to develop high level, complex estimates.
• Interpret and understand project requirements.
• Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
• Previous EPC, High Voltage Substation/Transmission or Civil/General Contractor experience.
• Typically possess 5+ years of experience on a project performing work outside the estimating function that can be equated into knowledge required to be a strong Estimator
• Previous experience with Timberline/Sage 300 estimating software as plus.
• Ability to update/maintain, create new items and assemblies in company estimating software.
• Demonstrated experience constructing and estimating Heavy Civil construction including as many of the following areas of work as possible: Earthwork, Concrete, Electrical, Utilities- Wet & Dry, Marine, Pavements, and/or Rail Systems
• Have experience estimating in a union craft environment
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Construction or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, training, and/or related experience
• Professional society membership.