Title: CAD Drafter
Location: Plainfield, NJ
Duration: 4 months (W2)
Perform assignments on work related to recording or producing information associated with the construction, operation, and maintenance of Utility Systems as qualified through formalized and/or on the job training.
• Maintain the GIS connected model with information from sources including, but not limited to, work management systems, as-built construction drawings, work orders, completion records, field reports or other information from the job sponsor.
• Process and approve completion records.
• Perform analysis or queries to assemble data and prepare reports, tabulations, charts and maps from asset information contained in the connected model and various other data sources.
• Produce standard prints and ad-hoc plots for field requests containing specific information derived from the connected model and various other data sources.
• Maintain service point data and the relationship to feeding source transformer.
• Track lifespan of utility asset data, including history, inspection and attachments.
• Resolve conflicting data, mapping, connectivity, and land issues through office or field investigation.
• Perform GIS work pertaining to major projects such as facility relocations, load rearrangement and new business.
• Operate automated office equipment including, but no limited to printers, plotters, duplication machines, facsimile and scanners.
• File records and data pertaining to the work.
• Perform manual or computer aided drafting.
• Operate a car or light truck.
• Assist other employees in plant work, in the field, or in the office.
• Perform other similar skilled work.
Desired: General knowledge of GIS and MicroStation.
• Must be a High school graduate or the equivalent, having completed courses in mechanical drawing and mathematics.
• Must have the ability to acquire a thorough working knowledge of:
-Material, equipment, and apparatus used in the work.
-The Utilities’ Transmission and Distribution systems and the geography of the area in which he or she works.
-Various operating and maintenance handbooks and manuals insofar as they pertain to his/her work, including the safety rules and practices set forth therein.
• Must be able to work at various client locations based on business needs/workload
• Must posses and maintain a valid driver’s license to operate motor vehicles in the state of New Jersey.
• Computer skills in MS Office and other Windows applications
*US Citizens and Green Card holders are encouraged to apply. H1B and C2C, please do not apply at this time.