**US Citizens and those authorized to work without sponsorship are encouraged to apply**
** H1B/C2C candidates - please do not apply at this time**
Job Title: Salesforce Consultant
Location: New Orleans, LA
Duration: 6 Months (contract-to-hire)
- Under the ESS IT Solution Development and IT Program Management department, this position will be responsible for leading the innovative development of business solutions, implemented through IT, to enable the business to meet itsobjectives. The role requires an in-depth understanding of available IT technologies, the business unit's operations, its operating model, capability needs, and business challenges. The role, together with support from client's Enterprise Architect (EA) function and IT Centers of Expertise (COE), are responsible for creating a fully integrated, effective business solution. The role is an active thought leader and application visionary who shapes the technology demand among the business unit.
- This team member will be one of two Solution Architect, Sr. positions that will be principally responsible for the solution architecture and design of client’s Digital Customer Experience program portfolio including, but not limited to, the architecture and design of Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution implementation and integration with legacy client applications.
- These positions will report directly to the Sr. Staff IT Program Manager, who is also principally focused on Entergy’s Digital Customer Experience program.
1. Provide overall design guidelines for and oversight of software and hardware integration, performance, reliability,
operating, and security designs. Support business units in the creation of project business cases (e.g., success
2. Capture business capability requirements, functional requirements, and expected service levels from business
unit and stated EA solutions to create an actionable Business-IT roadmap (a long range plan for the business
that identifies specific IT investments in applications and infrastructure to support business objectives).
3. Support BU leadership in identifying opportunities for emerging technologies, through collaboration with the EA
function, to enable business strategies. Provide an advisory role with the client on the impact of new technologies
on their existing technical and information system environment.
4. Work with BA, PM, and QA teams to review test strategies and requirements traceability. Ensure business and
functional requirements are maintained throughout the development/configuration process (requirements
traceability matrix). Review and analyze user acceptance testing results to validate the functions of the delivered
5. Maintain strong understanding of technology needs and solutions for the business unit. Regularly visit business
units to assess satisfaction and identify follow-up education opportunities. Consider alternate delivery models for
meeting business needs.
6. Liaise between the client, vendors, project management and the technical team on questions, issues, and
revisions to the solution architecture
Minimum education required of the position
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum experience required of the position
- At least 7+ years of experience working with technology and how it supports the business.
- Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
- Wide experience in developing multi-channel customer-centric solutions which include web content, portal and mobile applications. Heavy experience in integrating these solutions to on premise legacy applications. Working knowledge in all areas of technology (infrastructure, commercial applications, software development, end-user platforms, IT operations). Planning experience, especially the design of longer term strategies. Ability to communicate and present effectively with all levels in the organization, including executive management. Excellent interpersonal communications skills. Excellent writing and presentation skills. Working knowledge of architecture concepts and the ability to integrate business needs and technology capabilities.
- Deep understanding and practical experience of Salesforce applications, including Service Cloud,Force.com, Community Cloud, and Marketing Cloud.
- Preferred Salesforce Certifications
- Advanced Force.com Administrator
- Force.com Developer I & II
- Service Cloud Consultant
- Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Community Cloud Consultant