** US Citizens and those authorized to work are encouraged to apply**
**H1B/C2C Candidates please do no apply at this time**
Job Title: SharePoint Engineer- Senior Analyst
Location: Baltimore, MD, 21231
Duration: 2 years
The SharePoint Engineer is a Microsoft technology subject matter expert with cutting edge Microsoft Azure, Office 365 and lifecycle project delivery experience and the ability to help solve the most complex, escalated production issues in support of our peer operations team. The engineer role is a key member of the SharePoint function where you will work closely with a team of architects and developers to ensure the successful implementation of SharePoint solutions across the company, supporting various business functions. This senior analyst engineer will participate in the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of enterprise-scale information portals, content management systems and line of business applications for a fast-paced Fortune 100 company.
- Responsible for ensuring system availability and performance of the SharePoint system.
- Ensure complete and accurate backups of the SharePoint Farm happen on a regular schedule.
- Maintain, manage and report on the farm web, application, index, query and database servers in accordance with best practices.
- Adhere to standards, policies, best practices and procedures related to the support and operations of our SharePoint environment.
- Offer suggestions and best practices for process documentation and train junior staff as needed.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills in explaining the SharePoint features to end-users and assisting end-users with utilizing SharePoint features and functions.
- Responsible for build out/deployment of SharePoint sites to a given specification and site structure complying with governance policies.
- Responsible for incident and problem management for SharePoint by ensuring incidents and problems from all business units are resolved quickly, completely and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information Systems or an equivalent of work related experience with a minimum of 3 years of SharePoint Farm administration and configuration.
- Must have farm administration experience in SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013.
- Strong experience in building SharePoint platforms, SharePoint topology, service applications, farm and site collection features.
- Strong understanding and experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, IIS administration, Active Directory, Firewalls and Load balancing.
- Familiarity with Office 365 SharePoint Online tenant administration, migration and utilizing SharePoint Online features.
- Complete knowledge and working experience with SharePoint Central Administration
- Experience with SharePoint platform migrations and upgrades.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve SharePoint Platform issues and use of platform diagnostic tools (ULS, event viewer, health monitoring) in a mission-critical, regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of Power Shell commands for SharePoint 2010 and 2013.
- Experience in backup and restore of the SharePoint portals, site collections, sites, lists, libraries and disaster recovery solutions.
- Experience with deployment of SharePoint custom solutions and working knowledge of implementing advanced custom solutions using SharePoint designer.
- Familiarity with formal change management processes through the SDLC and incident tracking processes.
- Demonstrated success in building effective and productive relationships with business partners and IT team members.
- Self-motivated, Customer and Delivery focused with the ability to convey thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively in written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and priorities as well as support an off hour on call rotation.
- Experience leveraging Microsoft Azure IAAS.
- Familiarity with Responsive Web Design Principles and Responsive Web development.
- Familiarity and working knowledge with SharePoint Office web apps.