Job Title: Controls Engineer (Engineer III)
Location: Baltimore, MD
Duration: 12 months (W2)
- Read and interpret complex electrical and mechanical drawings to include but not limited to metering, controls, and communications associated with transmission and distribution substation engineering and manufacturer prints.
- Develop, review, and approve engineering documents to include drawings, specifications, and material list for construction.
- Follow procedures/job process to include preparation of QA checklists and reports for compliance with document control policies.
- Provide technical engineering support to field construction, testing and commissioning crews.
- Use PC based word processing, spreadsheet, database, and e-mail software to perform work duties.
- Code/program intelligent electronic devices (IEDs)/PLCs/RTUs, develop alarm and SCADA communication point lists, and prepare test plans. Familiarity with communication protocols such as DNP3 and programming language C/C++ is required.
- Plan and schedule work to include developing a detailed scope of work, creating project schedules and sequencing of work, conducting coordination meetings, and communicating with key stakeholders.