Job Title: Technical Designer (Electrical Design Technician)
Contract: 6 months (W2)
Location: Elgin, IL
Job Description: Our client who is into, Energy and Utilities sector, is looking for a Technical Designer
Requirements for Designer/Engineer Position
• The managers strongly prefer client experience (retiree or otherwise) due to the system knowledge that is required in this role in order to get up to speed.
• Knowledge of Electrical Engineering Theory to be able to perform Electrical Calculations.
• Technical experience related to electrical power distribution and construction.
• Responsible for design development, equipment layouts, construction drawings and bill of materials for large projects involving the installation of new utility infrastructure and modifications to existing utility infrastructure on client distribution system.
• Be able to interpret and analyze customer’s electrical, architectural, mechanical and structural drawings, one line diagram and load letters.
• Analyze customer’s load information to determine size of electrical equipment needed to provide primary power to customer.
• Provide in-progress design coordination with architects, engineers, contractors, client’s internal and external customers.
• Assist with technical consultation, plan developments and recommendations for customer and company systems and processes; (e.g. Verify and validate studies, blueprints and designs against accepted engineering principles and practices).
• Ability to multi task and adapt to changing demands.
• Ability to coordinate activities with multiple internal and external parties
• Proficient in the use of all software needed to produce quality electrical design drawings such as AutoCAD, TED, Microsoft Office programs
• Conduit & Manhole design
• Understanding of client AS8 System (big plus).
• Should have a degree in architectural engineering preferably, but electrical engineering, architecture, construction management or other engineering is also acceptable but preferred in that order.
• Should have two years’ experience at minimum where they have worked with floor plans and coordination plans.
• Base PPE will be provided and FR is not required for this role.