**US Citizens and those authorized to work without sponsorship are encouraged to apply**
**H1B/C2C Candidates please do not apply at this time**
Job Title: Network Engineer III
Job duration: 12 months
Job Id: 5645
Job location: Akron, OH
This position is accountable, under general supervision, for the installation, configuration and maintenance of complex data communication facilities used in the Client's Wide-Area Network. Data communications circuits are critical for Business Units to perform their functions and require 24 hour monitoring and support.
CANDIDATE SPECIFICATIONS ----------
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking or related discipline or equivalent work experience in a large-scale CISCO based Wide-Area Network environment.
• CISCO CCNA and/or CCNP certification preferred.
• Must possess extensive operational hands on experience with Cisco Nexus 7K & 9K platforms required
• Must possess a strong working knowledge of interior and exterior routing protocols (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP).
• Experience with Cellular wide area communications and Cisco CGR platforms preferred
• Experience with Alcatel Lucent SR and SAR systems preferred
• Strong knowledge of network infrastructure platforms and their management applications (CISCO NX-OS & ASR systems, DWDM & SONET technologies, Cisco CG-NMS)
• Solid understanding of LAN/WAN topology’s (routers, switches, Ethernet, wireless, firewalls, etc.)
• Experience with diagnostic procedures and sniffer trace tools (WireShark, CISCO TAC processes, HPOV, NetScout, Alcatel Lucent SAM)
• Strong knowledge of MPLS, VRF and Frame Relay technologies.
• Solid knowledge of IPv4 & IPv6 IP addressing and management software (Infoblox DHCP and DNS).
• Strong background and experience with personal computer hardware, operating systems and application software (office productivity tools)
• Work experience in a Data Communications-related field, utilizing/demonstrating technical skills is preferred..