Job Title: Data Center Installation Technician
Location: Akron, OH
Duration: 18 months (W2)
Assist with installation, maintenance, and removal of equipment in a large scale Data Center Environment. Includes network cabling and power cabling.
• Previous DATA CENTER EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION experience is expected.
• Experience performing installations of rack mounted servers, network cabling, Storage Area Networks (SANs), fiber and power distribution cabling.
• General understanding of cabling installation standards.
• Able to lift 75 lbs. Training will be provided on proper procedures for server and cabling removal and disposal process.
• Ability to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines.
• Sound communication skills; Ability to work in a team environment. Basic time management skills
• Ability to rapidly learn new technical skills, apply them to work situations, and expand job capabilities.
• Ability to demonstrate a questioning attitude toward established work processes and procedures.
• Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word.
• Analytical abilities, including problem solving and decision making.
• BA / BS degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, or related discipline preferred –OR- up to 2 years of equivalent work experience.