Title: Network Architect
Location: Hicksville, New York
Duration:12 months (W2)
Assesses and analyzes business and system needs, exploring alternative options and providing consulting services to senior management. Prepares high level and detailed technical specifications, and working collaboratively with the Project Manager, determines best mix of development, interfacing applications and third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives. Typical project scope is small to large infrastructure projects (multiple projects - with multiple interfaces and/or 3rd parties). May function as a project leader. Emphasis is on strategic thinking, incorporating systems solutions that will benefit the business, and driving 3rd party delivery.
Provides industry view, assessment,and consulting services on new initiatives (small to large IT projects of varying complexity) and develops proposals for senior management
- Assess, research and analyze business and system needs, exploring alternative options to recommend technology solutions and designs that meet sponsor needs and long term business objectives.
- Lead detailed design phases for projects/ programs identifying, tracking and resolving technical issues
- Prepare high level and detailed technical specifications for projects in accordance with policy, security and architecture documentation objectives
- Together with Project Manager, determine best mix of development, infrastructure, and third party vendor solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives
- Contribute to successful project completion by identifying risks and developing/recommending mitigation strategies
- Develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project
- Develop master distribution lists, implementation and contingency plans ensuring verification is performed
- May facilitate small to large group meetings for technical design and task implementation
- Develop criteria for and participates in the evaluation of 3rd party vendors and software as well as due diligence exercises
- Will perform tasks and/or provide direction to other Technical System Analysts to develop solutions and implement projects in accordance with change control and best practices.
- Manages testing plans and coordinates implementations
- Provide on-call support of network infrastructure, particularly more complex situations
- Knowledge and Experience: 5-10 years.
Skills and Competencies:
- Technical skills and expertise to assess, research and analyze business and system needs
- Skilled in leading detailed design phases and developing detailed technical requirements into project plan phases for successful implementation
- General management skills to lead and direct other technical analysts, as required
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Firewalls, IDS, VPNs, Gateways
- IP Telephony, Video Conferencing and Unified Communications
- CISCO Services and Offerings
- Contact Centers
- MPLS and Cloud Interconnects
- Experience in Service Architect / Service Strategist disciplines in an IS function.
- ITIL v3 certification highly desirable
- Analytical thinker, detailed oriented, with good problem solving skills - Organized with good time management skills - Business acumen - Strategic influencing - Can deal with ambiguity and manage change effectively - Comfortable in high pressure, deadline-oriented environment - Ability to adapt quickly; function independently - Creative thinker, breakthrough, innovative, out of the box thinker - Team player, cooperative with good interpersonal skills - Ability to provide direction and coaching.