Job Title: IT Business Analyst III
Location: Waltham, MA 02451
Duration: 6 months (W2)
The business analyst will support key activities to develop investment proposals and support sanctioning and key hand offs with program delivery in response to specific business requirements. The analyst will maximize common processes, common off the shelf solutions and existing architectures of client. The role holders will take direction from relationship managers and business consultants and work closely with business units, IS Strategy and Architecture, Program Delivery and Service Delivery partners to ensure the investment and resulting solution meets the client’s needs. This role will align to a primary business function, but analysts will shift between areas to align with investment demand.
*Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):*
As part of matrix resource pool that will move between projects, solutions, Line of Business and relationships to meet with the work load of the production plan, your responsibilities will include:
* Providing leadership utilizing business and consultancy skills, as subject matter expertise in a given business area as the work load requires.
* Professional in developing sound relationships with key business representatives
Working with BRM, Strategy and Architecture, Service Delivery and project teams across IS to ensure:
* Adherence to common processes and solutions
* Supporting pre sanction work as requested.
* Guide business managers to solutions that maximize client investment in technology, and one way of working processes.
* Offering a range of options which achieves the objectives that have been set and that the business benefits are realized.
* Accountable for identifying options that minimize overheads to open budgets.
* Responsible for ensure that any investment paper your involved with deliver the business cases for all investment to the business.
* Responsible for ensuring investments are compliant we procurement regulations and process
* Working with Solution Delivery Center partners in a QA role focused on maintaining common process and procedures, maximizing reuse of solutions in the production of deliverable business processes that meet the business requirements and conform to the client Governance and standards
* Working closely with project delivery teams as projects are launched, and take a QA role through project delivery to ensure the focus of the original solution concept is maintained or modified where appropriate.
* Has a depth of knowledge to ensure the solution and investments are right for client and its businesses.
* Make use of full methodology and techniques autonomously for self and to supervise and advise others on appropriate approach.
*Knowledge & Experience Required:*
* College Degree or equivalent experience.
* Must have experience in Infrastructure, Networking or Cyber Security
* Working toward relevant industry certification (e.g. CEng, CITP, TOGAF, IIBA, ISEB diploma) desirable but not essential as part of career progression.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills – ability to articulate complex ideas.
* Professional in applying Business Analyst and consultancy approaches and techniques
* Ability to translate customer needs into business requirements and inform technology options.
* Experience with IS strategic, investment and program planning.
* Experience with the sanctioning process: jurisdictional, regulatory and costing requirements.
* Experience supporting BRM relationship managers.
* Experience of project / program delivery requirements.
* Strong commercial focus – good understanding of the cost and value drives of IS and business.
* Good stakeholder management and influencing skills with colleagues, partners / vendors &.project sponsors. Demonstrated ability to influence and resolve problems with limited support.
* Ability to support multiple projects and complete deliverables efficiently with little or no rework.
* Demonstrate the application of client values in all interactions