** US Citizens and those authorized to work without sponsorship are encouraged to apply**
**H1B/C2C candidates-please do not apply at this time**
Job Title: Access Developer
Location: Syracuse, NY
Duration: 10 months (W2)
- Microsoft Access Database Systems Analyst to develop, assess and analyze business and system database needs, exploring alternative options and provide consulting services to management.
- Prepares high level and detailed technical specifications, ERD and work flow diagrams.
- Works collaboratively with the management team to determine best mix of development, interfacing applications and solutions to meet business requirements and project objectives.
- Typical project scope is small to large database development or maintenance database projects.
- Emphasis is on Microsoft Access Database experience, VBA/SQL knowledge and incorporating systems solutions that will benefit the business.
Skills and Competencies:
- Microsoft (MS) Access 2007 or higher developer experience
- Experienced in MS Excel and spreadsheet development and analysis.
- Relational database design (unique identifiers, relational table creation)
- Understand and use data types
- VBA knowledge and application
- Advanced Form creation for adds, edits, deletions
- Advanced reporting knowledge
- Ability to create complicated IF statements and calculated fields
- Knowledge of using multiple functions within fields such as datepart, min, max, avg,
- Ability to create macros
- Knowledge of importing and linking various sources of data such as Excel and Access.
- SQL knowledge to create Select, Update, Delete, Union, Append queries. Outer joins, Equal joins
- Ability to create emails and attach reports to them
- Ability to create ERD diagrams & Work Flow diagrams
- Experience writing procedures
- Experience manipulating data within Excel or other files to the correct format for Access to read. Such as comma delimited files.
- Technical skills and expertise to assess, research and analyze business and system needs
- Organized with good time management skills - Business acumen
- Strategic influencing - Can deal with ambiguity and manage change effectively
- Comfortable in high pressure, deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt quickly; function independently
- Creative thinker, breakthrough, innovative, out of the box thinker
- Team player, cooperative with good interpersonal skills
Knowledge and Experience: