The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for executing the Workforce Plan, recruitment strategies and full lifecycle recruitment process to hire top talent for the organization. The specialist will assist with the development and implementation of strategic workforce plans to meet the staffing requirements of the business functions via internal and external applicants.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Develop, execute and drive the implementation of talent acquisition plans and strategies, assuring a qualified, diverse pool of candidates to fill open positions as well as talent gaps identified through the succession planning process.
• Identify and source both passive and active candidates through internal and external channels ensuring positions are filled with high caliber individuals.
• Work collaboratively with Talent Acquisition Partner to understand the resourcing needs of the business, execute the Workforce Plan and to ensure candidates meet business needs.
• Develop strong relationships and work collaboratively with the business functions to fully understand business needs to enable development of strong candidate pools.
• Work collaboratively within team to develop marketing campaigns, employee referral methodologies, social media and web outreach, etc.
• Attract, develop and maintain a “ready now” candidate pool through such means as continuous review of resumes, cold calling recommended external candidates, and career fairs.
• Screen candidates to ascertain fit to available position using behavioral and competency based interview methodologies. Provide high quality, pre-vetted shortlist of candidates to hiring managers.
• Fully understand client’s Vision, Business Model, Employee Value Proposition, benefits, and total rewards philosophy to engage candidates.
• Identify and partner with appropriate resource(s) to implement pre-hire assessment testing.
• Maintain accurate records within applicant tracking system and ensure recruiting methodologies meet OFCCP, and all Federal, State and Local requirements.
• Actively participate in College Recruiting, Job Fairs, Veterans, and I&D hiring activities in order to promote National Grid externally and ensure that the brand is at the forefront of all recruiting activities.
Knowledge & Experience Requirements: