Job Title: Contracts Specialist III
Location: Waltham, MA 02451
Duration: 1 year (W2)
Knowledge & Experience
• Strong background in Contract Management and/or Construction is a plus
• Legal background and knowledge of contracting terms & conditions, strongly preferred
• Public Speaking – Contract Specialist must be comfortable speaking in front of both large and small groups. Contract Specialist will often lead meetings and will sometimes be speaking to or facilitating discussions with large groups.
• Written Communication – Contract Specialist is responsible for maintaining main contract documents. Individual is required to process large amounts of information and write clear and concise project agreement documents that convey National Grid’s policy and the scope of the project.
• Stakeholder Management – Contract Specialist will be expected to maintain a relationship with all National Grid & Contractor stakeholders. Individual should expect to check in with all stakeholders and periodically meet face to face with key players.
• Analytical Skills – Contract Specialist will be required to structure reports to aid in the management of the contract and for tracking purposes.
• Project Management – Preference is for Contract Specialist to have Project Management experience and be familiar with lifecycle of a project. The Contract Specialist will be expected to lead major Bid events and other complex initiatives.
• Negotiations – Contract Specialist, along with Procurement, will contribute to the negotiation on the contracts process. Proven experience negotiating contracts is a plus
• Problem Solver – the large portion of the Contract Specialist’s time will be solving problems. Contract Specialist is required to perform analysis and make a recommendation and gain buy-in.