** US Citizens and those authorized to work without sponsorship are encouraged to apply**
**H1B/C2C candidates-please do not apply at this time**
Job Title:. NET Developer III
Location: Akron, OH
Duration: 5 months (W2)
Specializes in .NET - Has experience in the development, maintenance, and testing of software programs. Responsibilities include Coding, testing, and debugging application programs from functional specifications. These individuals will work from program specifications or prototypes. Works under the direction of a team leader, senior technical person or analyst.
• Development and support of internal applications using Visual Studio, .NET Framework, Visual Basic, and C# syntaxes
• Building and deploying mobile optimized web applications that are focused on ease-of-use, task-driven functionality, and a consistent user experience across multiple mobile devices and operating systems
• Management of source code repositories, builds, and deploys using Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Driving the adoption of standards and governance to ensure FirstEnergy’s Microsoft development platform remains stable, reliable, and secure for all users
• Help support software packages used in various client business processes.
• Provide development support for less experienced developers.
• Active participation in a collaborative work environment
• Availability to work flexible hours in order to support our Microsoft application portfolio
• Frequent interaction with business owners/stakeholders to gather requirements for new development projects, assist in defect resolution during testing, etc.
• 5+ years development experience leveraging the .NET framework (4.0 or later), C#, and Visual Studio 2015 or later.
• Experience/Knowledge using Microsoft’s Team Foundation Server (TFS) to manage source code, manage developer tasks and bugs, and perform builds/deploys.
• Experience developing against SQL Server 2008 or later, Oracle may also be required depending on the project/assignment
• Solid working knowledge of MVC 5.0 or later
• Solid working knowledge of Entity Framework 6 or later
• Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems in a production support environment; possess analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems, identify and implement process improvements, and think creatively.
• Must be skilled in both oral and written communications in order to contribute to meetings and capture requirements as well as write documentation, specifications, procedures and process flows.
• Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects, and possesses an aptitude to learn quickly.
• Proven team player, contributes to team goals, encourages and supports team members.
• Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, and be available for call-in and after hours support if needed.
• Has worked and been an active participant on a Scrum team or similar Agile methodology
• User interface component development using tools like Telerik’s Kendo UI
• Experience developing applications that work with Azure application services.
• Knowledge of rich client frameworks such as Knockout and Angular
• Experience utilizing OData web services across .NET applications
• Experience with Bootstrap mobile-friendly framework for web development
• Automated unit testing using MSTest, nUnit, xUnit or similar testing frameworks
• Experience with Fakes, Moles, Moq, RhinoMocks or similar mocking frameworks
• Previous experience leveraging test-driven-development (TDD) to align solution to requirements