**US Citizens and those authorized to work without sponsorship are encouraged to apply**
** H1B/C2C candidates - please do not apply at this time**
Job title: GIS Developer
Duration: 12 months (W2 contract)
Location: Plymouth Meeting, PA, 19462
Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs. Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 6-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
Act as the liaison with the business, service provider, vendor, and other stakeholders to ensure GIS applications and initiatives are supported.
Responsible for the full life cycle of the applications, including analysis, definition, and general support.
• Lead weekly engagement meetings to ensure priorities and expectations are met.
• Act as the single point of contact and escalation from a GIS perspective for support and project initiatives.
• Creates detailed requirement specifications for the development team.
• Comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, terminology, and trends in GIS and related technologies.
• Experience with supporting Intergraph’s G-Technology platform in a utility environment.
• Oracle, FME, PL/SQL, and other development tools.
• Project management and business analysis capabilities.
• Knowledge of other ESRI and GE GIS platforms a big plus.
• Ability to lead initiatives and drive solutions.