5 month W2 Contract
Work in the client's Akron Control Center with a team of analysts and engineers in support of the Energy Management System. The system is a critical real-time 7/24 application that controls, monitors and models the flow of power across the client's transmission system and interconnections.
• Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD) experience
• Computer programming skills, such as PERL, Microsoft Visual Basic ASP, Microsoft Visual C++, etc.
• Demonstrated analytical skills to effectively resolve technical problems.
• Ability to effectively use standard PC software, including MS Windows and Office products, web-based system, e-mail, and relational database query tools.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with people at all levels and varying backgrounds.
• Electrical Engineering degree
• Experience in electrical drafting of wiring diagrams and schematics. Single line diagrams/one-lines, etc. Knowledge of electrical symbols.
• Technical knowledge or experience in the Electric Utility business.
• Ability to scale drawings according to the standard scales.
• Experience managing line types, paper space, model space, blocks etc.
• Ability to understand red mark drawings and reproduce these mark-up drawings in CADD.
• HMI experience.
• Experience using database management tools
• Communications and networking skills/knowledge
• Familiarity with client/server environments