**US Citizens and those authorized to work without sponsorship are encouraged to apply**
** H1B/C2C candidates - please do not apply at this time**
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Provide deep technical expertise to support delivery and maintenance of IT solutions. Provide IT teams and business personnel with technology solutions by weighing advantages of technology standards, market availability of products, and risks and benefits of technology to meet business/IT needs. Significant customer engagement, work planning, project management services provided to IT customers. Expected to work under minimal supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES (means principal, main, major or most important duties / accountabilities that the employee performs)
1 Undertakes complex database projects requiring specialized technical knowledge. Makes well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous database issues.
2 Provide technical database expertise and/or solution delivery support for maintaining performance and reliability of database solutions.
3 Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners to determine requirements in support of service levels and project commitments.
4 Build and maintains knowledge of new technologies or technology opportunities and assists in development of analysis for business and/or IT clients.
5 Ensure appropriate implementation of technology within both the production and the development environments.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 5 – 7+ years hands-on experience DB2 z/os, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
· Experience in Database object (tables, indexes, triggers, etc.) creation / modification, Database refreshes and performance tuning and troubleshooting.
· Broad technical expertise with deep technical knowledge in DB2 z/os. Experience with both IBM and BMC Utilities (Load, Unload, Copy, Reorg, Recover).
· Excellent communications skills - Able to effectively communicate highly technical information in non-technical terminology (written and verbal)
· Understanding of change management principles associated with new technology implementations.
· Understands and applies project management principles when leading and directing work
· DB2 v10, v11, IBM and BMC Utilities
· MS Office