**US Citizens and those authorized to work without sponsorship are encouraged to apply**
** H1B/C2C candidates - please do not apply at this time**
Job Title: Buyer/Planner II
Duration: 7 months W2 contract
Location: Waltham, MA, 02451
Reporting into a Category Manager, The Senior Buyer is responsible for strategic procurement operations within the aligned business area(s). The role will partner the Category Manager in delivery of Category strategies. This will involve engaging and building strong and established working relationships with stakeholders to identify business needs and then ensuring we understand the supply chains so we can offer the best solutions for company.
• Deliver multiple strategic sourcing events within portfolio, working with stakeholders to understand and challenge demand and ensure the best possible solutions for company.
• Input into the development and execution of sourcing strategy for allocated category and execute standardized strategic sourcing processes from market engagement through to award, ensuring goods / services are procured in a best-in-class manner that drives value.
• Work with Contract Managers to ensure the successful delivery of contracted activities, identifying continuous improvement opportunities through engagement with suppliers and stakeholders, and maximizing value for money from contracts awarded.
• Support the overall development and delivery of assigned category strategy and share best practice across other category teams (as appropriate).
• Role model excellence in procurement standards, taking a proactive role in mentoring / providing guidance to Buyers and Associate Buyers to ensure best-in-class methodologies are adopted and utilized across company’s Procurement.
• Profile category characteristics and research supply markets, suppliers and assess trends, opportunities and risks feeding insights into the Global teams and Market and Supplier Development teams (as appropriate).
• Delivering value by effectively managing tender events for key products required by the business.
• Contribute to an effective forward planning process by identifying future requirements of supported areas and ensure robust forecasting is put in place that maximizes value of goods / services procured.
• Scope and develops regional contractual agreements that meet the customer stakeholder requirements and expectations.
Interested candidates can also revert via email ( email@example.com) or call (630-364-1870) asap.