We are seeking highly motivated individuals to play a vital role in supporting Business Operations Process Workstreams. The Financial Analyst is a role that will drive key business metrics and financials in support of the Process Workstreams, Process Working Groups and End-to-End projects. This position acts as an individual contributor in a team environment and involves knowledge and understanding of key financial, operational, and, process improvement principles.
The analyst will have a key support role to the End-to-End Process teams in the delivery and execution of operational and financial requirements. The position will interact with Process Improvement Managers, Performance Managers, and key stakeholders in the Operations, Customer and Engineering organizations to provide key performance assessments and key business analytics, support business reviews, and facilitate decision-making efforts that deliver process improvements. The analyst will require strong analytical capability with numbers, experience in lean or process improvement and the ability to use that capability to drive data-driven decisions.
Key Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Provide analytical support for End-to-End Process teams; identify gaps and opportunities that will promote a deeper understanding of the levers that are available to help the business drive continuous improvement.
• Generate insight to linking operational performance (effectiveness, efficiency) with financial performance.
• Leverage analytics and process improvement methodologies (Six Sigma, LEAN) to provide a financially data-driven approach to improvements
Compile data from various sources into a single, consumable, data sets
Utilize visualization and build dashboards to review organizational performance.
Identifying business trends, issues, challenges, and recommended actions
• Provide support and analysis to evaluate financial impacts of various initiatives and projects enabling prioritization and decision making.
• Engage with broader business and collaborate with cross-functional teams. Participate in End-to-End Process Team led projects with process improvement components.
• Partner with Process Teams to develop measurements and metrics to track drivers of value and monitor progress against the agreed plans, business cases and budgets.
• BS/BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Process Excellence or Operations a must.
• 5+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting or Process Excellence roles. Prior utility or energy industry, or process improvement experience desirable.
• Strong mastery of Excel, Powerpoint, Business Objects, and other reporting tools. Experience with SAP, databases, Tableau, Alteryx and other business reporting tools a plus.
• Strong background in analysis, modeling, project management and continuous improvement desirable.
• Demonstrate the use and understanding of Continuous Improvement / Six Sigma tools and methodologies.
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills
• Advanced leadership, relationship management, consulting and influencing skills
• Must be collaborative and willing to work in a cross-functional and cross-cultural environment