Job Title: Web Content Analyst I
Location: Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60521
Duration: 6 months (W2)-possible extension upto 1 year
Primary Purpose of Position:
This job is responsible for executing a clearly defined digital strategy in line with corporate communications, marketing and customer support initiatives. This position is responsible for organizing, managing, and contributing customer service and support to all digital channels in an effort to achieve corporate objectives while ensuring a consistent message and strengthening the company’s position in the online community. This position’s day-to-day activities include reviewing email web support requests from customers, and may extend into making content updates and performing site maintenance for company-related internet and intranet sites consistent with the centralized management of all electronic communications and standards. This position uses content management, portal software and Adobe Creative Suite to manage and deploy the sites it operates and Powerpoint and Excel for reporting and analytics. This job independently works with clients to enhance internal and external communications to meet business goals and improve company’s image and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage and execute all aspects of Website support, development and maintenance, including:
- Receives, triages, manages and responds to daily customer inquiries and web support requests received via the web and web support mailbox.
- Develops and edits content.
- Provides ongoing guidance to partner organizations (customer service, human resources, etc.) on how to use digital sites and social media in support of daily operations and customer-focused campaigns.
- Stays current with all digital and social media industry developments and best practices.
- Manages digital campaigns against defined success metrics.
- Creates, edits, manages and posts online content.
- Adheres to the company digital user experience standards and guidelines – including usability, graphic design, branding, information architecture, navigation, content and functionality.
- Applies best practice principles of usability, graphic design, online customer self-service, communications, and marketing.
- Applies understanding of customer needs, business/functional requirements, company Web and Social Media standards and guidelines and IT (internal and external) capabilities in the design and development and/or implementation of Web technologies (social media applications, application widgets, etc.).
- Creates new site / service development, including assisting with requirements gathering, creating functional site prototypes, and testing.
- Collaborates with all business areas and other team members to produce compelling Web and Social Media content.
- Posts multimedia files to the Web. Process, compress, and caption files for the company’s online archives and may monitor or post on external social media outlets.
2. Provide statistical information to ensure the most effective utilization of personnel, equipment and/or materials for business operations.
3. Monitor and coordinate activities to support operational performance management - specifically company presence, maintain ongoing communication and report daily results. Maintain quality control and review at all stages of website production with client and Web team to ensure final product meets all defined standards
4. Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operation’s business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develops, executes and evaluates integrated online communications strategies and tactics to effectively communicate to customers and other stakeholders about energy-related products, services or issues in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Provides strategic online communication counsel to internal stakeholders, using all relevant communication tools (planning, research, tactic development and measurement).
- Creates and implements integrated communication strategies and targeted tactics to positively position the company within the community and support the company’s brand and image to both external and internal audiences.
5. Develop, organize and present detailed performance reports for both internal and external use.
- Researches and summarizes online news articles/coverage of company, proactively ensuring communication leadership is aware of all coverage about the company. Works collaboratively with others in Communications, to share best practices, provide support and ensure an enterprise-wide perspective
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing or business administration, plus 3-5 or more years related job experience
- At least 3 years experience performing website maintenance and/or developing websites, or the equivalent combination of formal education/training/experience.
- Preferred: Minimum of two (2) years experience using social media tools for blogging, micro-blogging (Twitter), online social interaction (Facebook), online media sharing (YouTube), social media monitoring, and Web site analytics.
- General proficiency in standard software applications:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office SharePoint Services (MOSS)
- Microsoft Office (in particular Outlook, Word, PowerPoint ,Excel, and Visio)
- Adobe Creative Suite 4 (or higher) (in particular: Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Acrobat)
- Web Traffic Reporting Tools (WebTrends and Google Analytics)
- Basic operating system functions: ability to map drives, ability to install applications, browser operation (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Thorough understanding of all social media channels, tools, etiquette, best-practices, and metrics.
- Familiar with industry standard management tools and third-party services such as Jive, Cision, Radian6, Hootsuite, etc.
- Demonstrated superior writing and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of complex communication projects simultaneously; on budget and on deadline.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking; ability to see the big picture and small details equally.
- General knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance. Ability to analyze organizational data and problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
- Ability to act with minimum direction to troubleshoot common technical issues related to Web maintenance tasks.