Develop and conduct Operations training which includes accredited licensed and non-licensed Operator training, Shift Technical Advisor training, license certification training, introductory systems training, and integrated systems training. Support refueling outages by performing assigned outage roles and responsibilities. Coordinate and supervise contracted vendor training classes and activities. Coordinate with other groups to resolve cross discipline issues.
Manage and complete assigned activities to support timely implementation of required Site operations. Perform needs analyses, design, and develop training material in accordance with applicable administrative procedures. Ensure the Systematic Approach to Training is satisfied as described in the applicable Institute of Nuclear Power Operations ACAD documents. Present lesson plans in the classroom, simulator, and lab environments to licensed and non-licensed Operators. Instruct, as assigned, initial license classes at the Reactor Operator and Senior Reactor Operator (SRO) level.
Although this position is functionally assigned outside of Operations, staffing for this position will require close coordination and support of operations. Field observations to identify improvement opportunities and support for post transient crew debriefs are required. Maintain technical knowledge and skills at the SRO level. Perform Emergency Response Organization duties as assigned. Interact professionally with other station departments and outside agencies to ensure quality training and efficient operation of plant equipment and preparing reports for Company management.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years related operator training in a nuclear power plant is required OR in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, High school diploma or GED and 6 years of experience in operator training at a commercial nuclear power plant is required.
- Previous or current PWR SRO license or certification.
- Previous or current instructor qualification at a nuclear plant highly desired. Equivalent experience such as a program lead, project manager, or program manager in a training position may be considered.
- Able to perform all simulator duties, including instructing during backshift hours.
- Previous shift experience at an operating nuclear power plant is a plus.