Job Title: ServiceNow Developer III
Location: Waltham Massachusetts
Duration: 12 Months(W2)
The ServiceNow Developer will operate with in a small highly skilled delivery team that will geographically dispersed in the UK, US and at Offshore development centers. The ServiceNow Developer will be responsible to determine stakeholder needs, architect solutions and evaluate high-level design issues relating to platform, enterprise software and integrations with other systems. The ServiceNow Developer will possess advanced ServiceNow knowledge, capabilities and will be able to design, configure, build and customize ServiceNow.
The ability to respond to business demand and deliver value quickly in an iterative, incremental manner is key to the success of our IT Service Management organization; to support this objective the development team will follow an Agile delivery framework.
The ServiceNow developer will be accountable for :-
• Maintain the comprehensive design parameters and organization development standards while reviewing the application development progress
• Identify, assess and recommend alternative solutions to meet business needs
• Analyse and fully understand business requirements and current procedures to improve system capabilities, automate process workflows and address scheduling limitations throughout the development and delivery of the ServiceNow roadmap
• Follows Agile methodology, responsible for creating Epics and User stories. Work with the team to Evaluate & Initiate the high-level design requirements of the Project and communicate with team members.
• Work with the Customer Support and Service Delivery teams to troubleshoot escalated customer issues for the supporting application
• Ensure the latest release of ServiceNow application is implemented in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption to IT operations
• Mentor the developers on technical issues
• Ensure tool configuration consistency across development, stage, testing, sandbox, and production environments
• Conduct POCs to demo new ideas and help solidify technical direction
• Supporting ServiceNow Administrators with incident resolution as required
• Supporting resolution for defects arising from development work and platform upgrades.
• Assisting the ServiceNow Demand Manager & Business Analyst in effort estimation
• Working with the Agile Business Analyst to gather and refine requirements and technical specifications and work them to completion
• Working with the ServiceNow Platform Architect to establish technical feasibility and solution designs for ServiceNow enhancements, functionality, new applications and services.
• Configuring and developing enhancements, functionality, new applications and services.
• Developing well designed, testable and efficient code and focussing on establishing coding best practices.
• Peer reviewing code and configuration.
• Creating and maintaining software documentation.
• Supporting the delivery of ‘show and tells’ to key users / process owners.
• Work collaboratively with the wider ServiceNow development team to share best practice and re-use.
• Maintain knowledge and awareness emerging ServiceNow platform features and functionality.
• Provide mentoring and guidance for ServiceNow System Administrators
Knowledge & Experience Requirements:
• 8+ years of developer related experience
• Certified ServiceNow System Administrator
• Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow Cloud technology
• Extensive knowledge and experience of developing using Java Script, Angular JS, CSS and HTML
• Ability to implement complex technical integrations between ServiceNow and other Enterprise Applications using various technologies including Web Services, SOAP, REST API, Perl API, Database views, Import set, transform scripts
• Strong experience in ITSM Applications (Asset Management, Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Level Agreement and CMDB)
• Design and Develop Service Portal pages as per business requirements
• Experience in building custom applications
• Experience in creating advanced reports in ServiceNow
• Experience with discovery tools integration with the service now CMDB
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment where you will have to multi-task and effectively prioritize
• Experience of using either JIRA, Visual Studio Online or ServiceNow Agile module for management of the Software Development Lifecycle
• Experience with database design schemas and data modelling
• Experience of developing within an Agile Framework
• Experience of working with geographically dispersed development team
• Ideally trained ServiceNow Advanced System Administration.
• Ideally trained in ‘Scripting in ServiceNow’
• Ideally Application Creation in ServiceNow certified
• Good written and spoken English
• Willing to travel to the UK or US
• Self-motivated and willing to develop in a complex dynamic environment
• Able to work both independently and as a contributing member of a small specialist technical team
• Proven ability to scope and estimate work effort of development activities.
• Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Possess the highest level of integrity and confidentiality regarding company-confidential information
• Strong customer focus