W2 Contract 6 months
About the Position:
The position will support the Global Procurement Organization with Global Category Management , Market & Supplier Development, and Supplier Relationship Management initiatives. This role involves interactions with all levels of the procurement organization and business stakeholders within National Grid, supporting category management and sourcing, as well as strategic program development.
The right candidate will have strong procurement background, familiarity with International markets and analytical skills. A high degree of proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, database tools, and financial analysis is required.
• Prepare detailed plans to track project performance and assure timely completion and achievement of project deliverables.
• Identify and manage project risks and issues that impact project progress.
• Develop communication updates for wider audience
• Analyze complex data sets and provide meaningful summaries to drive strategic decisions
Market Research and Data Analysis:
• Research, analysis, and summarization of regional, national, and global market and commodity trends
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Comfortable operating in a matrixed style, management organization
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Highly-analytical with the ability to draw conclusions and identify opportunities using disparate sources of data.
• Strong team and partnering skills.
• Ability to bring creative and innovative ideas to delivering solutions.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to make decisions or recommendations on incomplete information.
• Ability to create clear, concise communication updates, which can include a focus on change management
• Familiarity with International markets, i.e. Far East, Central America, Eastern Europe, India