Job Title: Analyst, Tax Technology
Location: Chase Building, Chicago
Duration: 3 months (W2 Contract only)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
(Corptax OR Onesource OR Oracle Hyperion Workspace)- Should have experience in any of one technology.
The Analyst, Tax Technology has responsibility for all aspects of systems and applications used in recording and reporting the consolidated taxes related to company and its subsidiaries quarterly and annual financial statements and meeting all the consolidated federal compliance requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
· Undergraduate degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, or Accounting related field
· At least 2 years related experience including one or more years of process improvement, tax automation, and/or technology experience
· Knowledge of system maintenance and SOX controls.
· Excellent attention to detail, project management, and organizational skills and demonstrates meaningful ownership of tasks
· Appreciation of the impact of taxes on financial statements
· Proficient analytical ability to resolve complex, technical issues; recognizes the need for and seeks out internal subject matter expertise, as well as external subject matter expertise, when necessary
· 40 hours of ongoing annual continuing professional education will be required of all professionals in the Department (at the Company’s expense)
· Energy industry experience is desirable, though not at the expense of a broad base of experience
· Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification and/or advanced degree (MBA/MST)
· Proficient ability in Microsoft Excel and Office applications
· Working knowledge of various finance and tax applications including but not limited to Corptax, Onesource, and Oracle Hyperion Workspace
· Experience assisting in the implementation of new tax technology
Reports directly to the Senior Manager, Consolidation/Technology Analysis. The Tax Department’s primary office is in Chicago, Illinois with some travel among the office/business unit locations in the Chicago suburbs, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania and Maryland.