Responsible for the planning, delivery, management, and governance of a large gas telecommunication network, data flow within network components and back office systems, and installation of gas automatic shut off valves in accordance with the client's project management processes defined by safety, scope, schedule, quality & cost. Provide leadership and clear direction to project teams.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
Knowledge & Experience Required:
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline and/or significant relevant project management, engineering and construction experience in all aspects of utility construction/operations is required.
• 5+ years experience with project management or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience with Telecommunications Field Area Network (FAN) design, installation and maintenance. Includes familiarity with Telecommunications hardware.
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred.
• Experience with successful delivery of complex projects and possess team leadership skills.
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
• Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, regulatory representatives, and town/city officials in a positive collaborative manner.
• Knowledge of gas system operations, gas industry codes and regulations, construction, environmental, engineering economics is desired.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple aspects of a project under budget and time constraints.
• Demonstrate openness to change.
• Bottom-line oriented, budget-conscious, metric/measurement driven.
• Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
• Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. both external and internal).
• Strong skills in: negotiations, presentation, construction management, interpersonal & written communication, and critical analysis.