Job Title: Senior Project Controls ESTIMATOR
Duration: 12 months (W2 Contract)
Location: Baltimore, MD-21244
• Academic/Formal Training: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technical Field.
• 5- 8 years related experience, or in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 9– 12 years relevant experience is required.
• Ability to build a high level or detailed estimate from a Project Diagram, detailed design, or verbal Scope of Work.
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management.
• Ability to facilitate project meetings with all stakeholders in office or field environment to develop a project estimate.
• Strong understanding of utility industry both electric and gas systems, applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the electric and gas, distribution, transmission, and substation areas.
• Strong understanding of design drawings and detailed engineering and construction prints. The ability to calculate job requirements from design documents, including quantities, resource hours, duration, limitations, etc.
• Ability to provide detailed analysis and apply managerial accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
• Advanced analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. Ability to quickly estimate several scenarios to determine least cost technical solution.
• Customer driven with excellent oral and written communications skills and general analytical, problem solving and project management skills. Strong knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance.
• Ability to analyze organizational data and problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action, and implement intervention strategies to attain performance targets.
• General proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), specialized business technologies and applications (e.g., workforce management, project management, Asset Suite 8, Brio, CIS, EPS, Business Objects, SAP planning, business modeling, forecasting, work management, outage management) to retrieve and analyze data in support of business needs.
• Proficient ability with Excel.
• Knowledge of or experience with estimating software such as WinEst, InEight is preferred
• Knowledge of estimating component of Asset Suite 8 is a plus.
• Certification in schedule management (PMI-SP, PSP or PMP) is a plus.
• Professional estimating certification (AACEI, ASPE, or SCEA) is a plus