Job Title: IT Release Manager
Job Location: Waltham , MA, 02451
Duration: 12 months W2 contract
- You will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various portfolios.
- The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs.
- You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments.
- The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
- This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- The Release Management responsibilities also include building the IT Release Calendar in working closely with different portfolios across IT and centralizing view of all releases.
- Leads the effort of defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure the process requirements of release management are built in.
- The Release Manager will assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
Role and Responsibilities
• Forward plan the release windows and cycles across enterprise programs.
• Facilitate quarterly cross-enterprise release planning sessions.
• Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors
• Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
• Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
• Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
• Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams in different locations
• Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
• Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
• Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
• Deliver weekly release reports
• Communicate release details and schedules to Stakeholders as require.
• Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
• Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- SAFe certified, minimum 2 years as either Release Train Engineer (RTE) or Solution Train Engineer (STE)
- Formal training in project management practices preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle including agile
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must